The best-selling rotary pump worldwide, DPA has been around for a while. Revolutionary for its time, it set new standards for reliability and power. Consequently, there is still a significant parc of vehicles equipped with both DPA and DPS in the field today. And these will all require expert test and repair. The four-day rotary pump course has been designed to give you the skills to diagnose and repair DPA and DPS rotary pumps. Throughout the course, you will learn how to carry out test procedures to OE standards using the Hartridge AVM test bench and other test equipment. You will also learn how to use the appropriate tooling and technical data.
|Audience||A newly appointed Delphi-authorised DPA/DPS pump workshop technician. Or established, authorised technicians looking to build on their Delphi repair knowledge and skills.|
|Skill Level||Diesel Repair Technician.|
|Guidance||This course will introduce you to the DPA family of pumps, no previous knowledge on repairing fuel pumps is required.|
- Principles and operation of direct (DI) and indirect (IDI) diesel combustion engines.
- Principles and operation of Delphi DPA and DPS diesel fuel pumps including the key variations.
- How to locate, read and interpret test plans, timing offsets and parts lists using Direct Evolution.
- Correct procedures for dismantling, inspecting, rebuilding, testing and adjusting DPA and DPS pumps.
- How to set-up and use the Hartridge AVM and other prescribed test benches.